Thursday 23 April 2009

STCC round 2 – Southend

 

How time flies :)

We headed down to Southend for round two of the STCC championship last weekend on Saturday and spent some time practising and setting the car up for the racing on Sunday.  This was a completely new track for me as I didn’t partake in this round last year so had to spend some time getting to know the circuit.

It’s a very difficult track to drive as it has elevation changes as well as bumps and hollows around the track.  The ‘jump’ in front of the rostrum makes it a very interesting track to drive though, especially with a modified motor in the car :)

In my practice runs on Saturday i was getting 14 laps, but somehow i managed to get 16 in my first qualifying run on Sunday… not sure how or why :)

That turned out to be my only qualifying run as I had issues for the other two runs, which meant I was 2nd on the grid in the B final.

I ended up getting 16 in 301 in the first final and winning that leg closely followed by Chris Smith, who would go on to win the 2nd final by overtaking me on the last lap.

This meant we were both tied on 3 point for the final leg, but my car cut out after about 4 laps (found out after that this was down to motor timing) so I ended up 2nd overall in the B final.

Currently I’m 9th in the championship still, 2 point behind 8th place and 2 in front of 10th

No comments: