Sunday 5 July 2009

An expensive weekend ! :(

Round 5 of the STCC was this weekend at Bashley and as usual, headed to the track on Saturday afternoon.

I had the GM motor in and that blew on the first run of the day, but I think it was almost gone from the National Round at halifax.

I put a speed passion 6.5 in and went out for a few practice runs.  I was happy enough with the car, so I settled on the setup I had for sunday morning’s qualifying.

Qualfying was another expensive session for me, with another motor gone (this time the speed passion)  I was on for a new PB until the motor went up 3ft from the finish line on the last lap.  I had a tekin left, but I’d never used it before, so it took a couple of runs to get used to it as I was EXTRA careful with gearing and timing on it.

It turned out that I needn’t have bothered as it was my initial run that ended up being my best qualfying run and put me 9th on the grid for the A final, with Alex in 7th and Charlie on the number 10 spot.

I had two bad finals, one of them with my shell catching and the second with a driveshaft pin coming loose that left me out of the running for a good placing overall.  Third final came along and I had a good run, ending up in the middle of the pack somewhere.  Oh, but to have that finish earlier in the day !

I’m sending the motors off the investigation to see what went wrong with them as I haven’t ever got close to having a motor blow before, so I must have done something seriously wrong, although the car was extremely quick !

I have some video footage of the racing, so I’ll post them up tomorrow on the usual youtube channel.(www.youtube.com/Aomircko)

No comments: