Monday 11 May 2009

STCC Round 3 – Brooklands


This weekend saw the third round of the popular STCC series make it’s way to the Brooklands circuit.  The circuit is better known for 8th and 5th scale cars as it’s HUGE !

Myself and Charlie headed down on the Saturday for some much needed practice.  We arrived to find we had plenty of room to pit and power was provided, so we needn’t have carried tables/chairs etc with us.

I hadn’t changed the car much from Southend so the setup was still the same other than droop and ride height, which i’d reset back to more standard settings.

We had a few practice runs trying out a few things and I settled on a setup fairly quickly, which meant I wouldn’t have to change too much the next day during the racing.  I did try a couple of different shells though, and the Mazdaspeed 6 seemed to be more consistent than the LTC-R coming into and out of the corners.

We packed up and headed back to the tent to drop off our stuff, then headed off for some well earned grub !  If you’re ever near Rye, Kent then you should check out the Woolpack Inn.  It is a great pub and the food is excellent !

Sunday morning saw the start of qualifying and I was hoping to do 19 lap this year as I only managed 18 last year.

After some tips from some of the other racers, I’d changed gearing and also some handling changes to the car.  It was now flying along nicely :)

By the end of qualifying I had a run of 19 laps, just a few tenths away from being in the A final and a lap down on the quickest guys.  I ended up winning the B final overall with a win and a 2nd place and the Chazzer score is now 4-0 to me.

Come on Chaz mate, step it up, I know you can !!

No comments: