Monday 19 January 2009

aaand I'm spent :)

Got back from Plymouth late last night after having another great day racing.

Let me tell you... Modified motors and 12th scale cars are a match made in heaven :) My only aim for the Sunday was to improve over my best time from the Saturday, but I somehow managed that in round 1.. so I was then a bit lost for what to do !


I decided i'd have a play with gearing and tyres for the rest of the day:


Rnd 1: 38mm/rev Timing: 6 Tyres: Yellow Rear/Dbl Pink front 35 laps
Rnd 2: 44mm/rev Timing: 5 Tyres: Yellow Rear/Dbl Pink front 35 laps (quicker)
Rnd 3: 41mm/rev Timing: 5 Tyres: Pink Rear/Dbl Pink front 35 laps (quicker again)
Rnd 4: 42mm/rev Timing: 6 Tyres: Pink Rear/Magenta front 36 laps
Final: 43mm/rev Timing: 6 Tyres: Yellow Rear/Magenta front 36 laps (quicker)



The car was spot on for the final giving me the win from 3rd on the grid ! Steve put in another blinder on Sunday by qualifying 2nd on the grid in our final with a 10.5 (we were using 6.5's) and ended up 2nd at the end of the final. Terry qualified 5th in the final.


Another trophy for today's efforts :)




No comments: