Saturday 17 January 2009

12th National

 

Myself, Steve and Terry made our way down to Plymouth for this weekend's national race meeting.

After 4 rounds of qualifying and a lot of tyre voodoo from various people, Steve was on 35 laps, and Terry/Myself were on 34.

Guess what though ! I won a trophy !!!

Nationals Raced: 1
Silverware Gained: 1

Steve (assuming he'd checked his crystals) would have beaten me in the final easily though, the boy's got skills !
I heard the buzzer and hit the gas then realised i was stuck in the back of car 6 as he hadn't gone when the buzzer went off. Waited for him to get sorted and on his way out of courtesy, but by then I was almost a lap down sad.gif
Managed to get all the way back to second when the time ran out, car felt good :cool:

I don't know how silly this next bit is, but I've just soldered in a 6.5 for the morning (and rebuilt the diff to be sure)
Roll on MOD !!!

No comments: