Wednesday 20 May 2009

BRCA National – Round 1 – West London (pt 2)

 

The weather gods decided that we’d have to run in the wet on Sunday so that pretty much ended any chances of qualfying better than I was overnight for me. 

I did go out in the rain and run, but I managed about 3 minutes before the car packed up with water in the speedo.  I’ve sent it off to be repaired now as it’s blown a row or two of fets inside it..

Round 4 ended up with me in 22nd position for the round, and due to round 5 being wet as well, I ended up qualifying in 32nd (2nd place in the Mod D final)

Finals: I came 2nd, 1st and 2nd in the three legs of the final, so ended up 2nd overall.

Not bad considering that I had two dry runs out of 8 where I didn’t have problems with the car :)

Let’s hope Round 2 is a better showing !

No comments: